Position: Client Accounts Manager
Location: Birmingham, UK (hybrid/flexible working)
Are you a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) currently in a Senior Accountant or Assistant Manager position?
Are you ready to step into a Client Accounts Manager position with a firm closely aligned with your ambitions to succeed?
If you have answered yes to the above, then we’d love to hear from you!
Let’s discuss how we could help you on your journey towards growth and fulfilment, where you can make a real contribution to the success of our business whilst honing your skills and having a rewarding career.
About the Role
We are looking for an individual that is driven and determined to progress their career with a winning team! In return, you will have an unrivalled opportunity to demonstrate your skills and progress your career.
You will be an integral part of our team reporting directly to the Director and will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of clients whilst providing a first-class service to our clients. You will also be responsible for mentoring and coaching junior team members and supporting their development.
On offer is a market-leading salary with 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), generous flexible/hybrid working arrangements, and a great working culture that our team are proud of.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and acting as the first point of contact whilst being supported by the Director
- Responding to client queries and concerns in a timely manner
- Providing proactive tax and accounting advice to your clients supported by the Director
- Conducting regular meetings with clients, providing insight and analysis to clients on all business matters
- Advising clients of their personal tax, corporation tax, VAT, payroll and P11D liabilities and payment dates
- Attending new client kick-off meetings and ensuring new clients are onboarded and provided with a great experience
- Assisting with AML compliance requirements for all new clients
- Overseeing all aspects of service delivery for your clients, including preparation and submission of accounts, tax returns, VAT returns, payroll, P11D and CIS submissions
- Taking ownership of the job plan and liaising with clients to schedule client work in
- Allocating client work to your team members and overseeing work to completion including scheduling in Manager and Director Reviews
- Presenting statutory year end accounts and tax returns to your clients and/or the Director
- Assisting with the setting up of clients on Xero and any associated apps
- Support clients in understanding their day to day finances, cashflow and helping develop their business plan and business KPI’s
- Conducting financial health checks for clients prior to year end
- Assisting the Director in ad hoc projects work as required from time to time
- Leading and managing a team of qualified, part-qualified and trainee accountants and bookkeepers
- Reviewing all work done by junior members of the team, including accounts preparation, VAT and Tax returns
- Mentoring, supporting and coaching junior team members in their development and helping resolve advanced queries
- Have overall responsibility for the management of WIP on your client portfolio
Helping develop the business
- Proactively keeping up to date with your CPD requirements and changes in regulatory, tax and accounting laws, and understanding how they may impact your clients
- Actively producing fee review proposals and conducting client service review meetings
- Proactively seeking new business opportunities and upselling Bluewater services to existing and new clients
- Writing educational blog posts and other marketing-related content
- Promoting the business using your social media profile
- Proactively helping to improve Bluewater systems and processes
- ACA/ACCA/CTA fully qualified
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of bookkeeping, VAT, statutory accounts, management accounts general taxation
- Excellent knowledge of corporation tax, income tax and VAT and the impact on accounts and client’s overall affairs
- A passion for and experience with cloud accounting systems and associated apps (e.g. Xero, Dext, Futrli etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of main accounting systems in the marketplace (e.g Xero, Quickbooks. Sage etc)
- Excellent attention to detail, quality review, and time management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the statutory and technical aspects concerning a set of limited company accounts
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to communicate openly and build up excellent relationships with clients
- Strong project management and multitasking skills.
- Having experience working with clients at a senior level
- Intermediate Excel skills including, Pivot Tables, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, COUNTIF, INDEX/MATCH formulae
- Demonstrate good listening and questioning skills in dealing with clients
- Ability to establish, build and maintain a good working relationship with key client decision- makers.
Bluewater, is a team of Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisors working predominantly with clients in the property and construction sectors with an innovative and modern approach to business advisory.
Our clients value our property and construction sector specialism and rely on us to provide expert business advice to help them get the results they need from their businesses so they can achieve their personal and business goals.
We are a young and vibrant team that see ourselves as:
At the heart of everything we do, we are guided by our core values of:
- Being caring
- Making a difference
- Taking accountability
- Being innovative
- Being a team player.
How to apply
We only accept UK based applicants.
Please only apply for this position if you are located within a commutable distance from our office in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
To apply for this position, complete the application form on this page including a cover letter setting out why you think you would be a great fit for our business, and upload your current up to date CV.
Our selection process is as follows:
- Application with cover letter & CV
- Zoom interview
- In-person interview & technical test
- Offer letter